What have we done?
At AHMG we implement solutions and we get results!
Here are a few of our accomplishments:
Selected Responsibilities and Accomplishments
- Managed all aspects of a company including development of business and marketing plans, recruitment, hiring and training of staff, budgeting, P&L, scheduling work and activities, establishing .policies and procedures, client services, performance evaluation and motivation of employees.
- Re-negotiated 30 primary care physician contracts for a 3 hospital system, developing a new compensation model and negotiating strategy. Saved the system $1.5 million in salary expense and solidified $30 million in annual net revenue.
- Recruited, organized, coordinated and scheduled 10,000 volunteers, each with assignments, locations and responsibilities as Project Manager for the Chicago Gateway Green Committee. Every park in Chicago was cleaned in this, the single largest clean-up effort in the City’s history.
- Turned around a broken primary care-urgent care product line that was losing over $25K per month. Designed a new solution that changed patient flow, hours of operation, staffing models and branding within the community. Increased primary care urgent care locations from 1 to 5, expanded hours, and increased exam rooms tenfold. This $25K/month loss became a $15K/month profit.
- Took over executive management responsibilities for a 100 physician hospital owned multi-specialty group. Added the necessary management infrastructure, built a strong executive team and added 40 additional physicians. Increased cash collections from $28 million to $60 million annually.
- Took-on a virtual fundraising effort combined with individual high dollar donor events to help a US Congresswoman run for US Senate. Created over 250 Matinee fundraisers along with 28 high dollar donor events to successfully raise $6.7M over a 14 day period.
- Brought the leadership team, of an independent health system was facing sure closure with less than 30 days cash on hand, together to identify hidden talent and re-organize the leadership structure. Created a process to reduce expenses, create new revenue opportunities and save the hospital from the brink of closure, improving net income by $14 million in 18 months.
- Created a new innovative marketing/branding program for a medical center suffering as the indigent county hospital. Rebranded the organization from the bottom up presenting a Feel Better approach that became the most successful in the organization’s history with community perception improving from, below 50% to over 90%.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction and reduced safety errors 75% by orchestrating the training of 5,000 Medical Center employees in customer service, safety and repeat back procedures. Successfully coordinated, scheduled and performed over 100 training sessions within a 6-month period.
- Turned around a Physician Services organization that had just lost their CEO, COO, CFO and 2 Administrators. Established meetings to discuss challenges, fears, and concerns and created a Shining Star Training program kicking off with a weekend session in Cape Cod. Twenty seven (27) managers signed up for the Program, stayed with the organization and subsequently formed a new leadership team that remains in place today.
- Partnered with State Farm Insurance to sponsor The State of Illinois Governor’s Home Town Awards that was struggling to find its niche. The message of volunteerism and mutual success was taken to the doorstep of every household in the State. Applications for the Award tripled and the Community Volunteer effort throughout the State of Illinois received much needed recognition.
- Turned around a long term acute care facility that was lacking the skills to manage their hospital partner relationship. Observed day-to-day workflow and designed a strategic work plan which identified all areas of concern, and brought accountability to assignments. The hospital relationship was repaired saving $6M in EBITDA.
- Completed the due diligence for a Health Center thinking about purchasing the DaVinci Surgery Robot. Developed a pro forma budget complete with multiple scenarios including 3yr, 5yr, 7yr and 10yr projections, and ROI and capital budget options for payment. The Health Center purchased the device and exceeded the 3yr budgeted projections by year 2, becoming the market leader in urological and gynecological procedures.